Friday, May 14, 2010

Expectations...

Here I am at work really tired and sleepy. I'm taking a break so I figured I should update this blog of mine.

It's been awhile since I last entered an entry here. Honestly, I've been lazy and my work is keeping me on my toes. As many of my family and friends know, I am expecting a baby girl in September. Her name will be Chloe Leighn. Another beauty added to both sides of the family. I am so excited to meet her. I can hardly wait!!!

I think it's different when you really plan to have a baby, than it just happened. I don't know I could be wrong. But I think when it's planned out, you are ready with a constant feeling of expectation, rather than feeling shock or surprise. Chloe is planned, so I think that is why our excitement is much higher than when I was pregnant with Ryan.

Chloe and I are doing well. I'm trying to eat as healthy as possible, but you know this is very hard to do, specially when eating for two. My hubby bought me a fancy scale, so I use that to weigh myself daily to help me monitor my weight. I'm noticing that I'm gaining much faster now than the past few months, so I look at the mirror and tell myself "it's normal, you're pregnant!!!" LOL

On a negative note, some unpleasant things are happening, but I could careless about it. It has no impact on me. I am still me no matter what, and it will not change me. I have full control of my emotions/actions and anyone can positively attest to that. I have learned to absorb only the positives and dispose of the negatives. I am who I am, and for almost 30 years it has served me (and people around me) well. My life (and my family) does not revolve with anybody's but ours alone, so I don't expect more from others.

On the other hand, we are leaving for Washington and Canada next week. I am really looking forward to it. I need a break from work as I'm getting really exhausted (pregnancy + long hours = exhaustion) LOL. There are also many ventures that we are trying out, so I'm praying for the best. Only God knows and He alone blesses. Whatever is the outcome, I will be thankful.

Until next time :)

1 comment:

Jane said...

Len, you really need to update this blog...hehehe.