Hello. Even though I'm not much of a writer, I've decided to pick-up on my writing (or blogging) this year. I will write when I can.
Background of this decision: I had the urgency to pick-up my writing just a few weeks ago. I asked myself what I did in 2009 but had such a hard time remembering them all. I figured by writing them down, I can easily go back and just read them. Also, this is one of my way to connect to people close to my heart.
I'm not really sure how to start this entry. So much in my mind and I feel that I have so much to share, that I cannot get a grip of where I should start. So, I guess, I will start by thanking the Lord for all His goodness in my life. He is my strength and my refuge; my comforter and friend; my light in my darkest hour; my savior and redeemer; my blessed hope; the source of my existence - HE IS MY EVERYTHING. I thank Him for being so gracious and merciful to me and my family in the year 2009. It is indeed so much better when God is in control.
2009 was a very exciting year for me…
The last months of 2008, I was already determined to live life to the fullest, make the best of everything, serve and give God the best of me. Looking back now, I think, I was quite successful on my set goals. I feel that I've come to a point where nothing can move me from the source of my existence. I have come too far to turn back now, I have fought many battles and was victorious, I have seen what the world offers versus what my Lord prepared purposes & blessings for me. I have learned (and put into action) to fully trust the Lord and always look on the positive side. I have come to an understanding that I cannot serve God based on my feelings or emotions or situations, but, "I must serve Him because of who He is." Frankly, I've heard and said these exact words before, but not until I put it into action this year, did I truly understand it. I did not always have sunny days in 2009. I had many gray days that I thought I would never make it, but by putting this understanding into action and by encouraging myself when nobody can, I had a wonderful year like I did. So many revelations from the Lord in 2009. Revelations that changed my life: from my relationship with Him, to my thinking, to the way I handle daily life, to my actions and many more. There is so much joy in serving the Lord.
I am also very thankful to have a wonderful family (especially husband & son), amazing church family and a Pastor that feeds my spiritual life. I love every single one of you and I feel blessed to have you in my life. The most influential people in one's life are those that are close to one's heart, and those that constantly surround one's life.
My thought of the day: In life's journey, absorb those that are the likeness of God (blessings, goodness, meekness, positive, enrichment & etc… - anything that can and will help us grow as we strive to be CHRIST-like), and dispose those that are the opposite.
I think this is it for now. Until my next entry. God bless you all. Happy new year and be the blessings of God be upon you always.
P.S. – I cannot figure out how to put a discussion board, so if you'd like to add or comment, please use below. You are all welcome to share your thoughts.
No comments:
Post a Comment