I remember, I gave Jay his first ever film camera. We were in Baguio on our way to John Hay camp when we saw a small department store. The first thing that caught our attention was a black film camera. It had a huge red tag that said "399.99 pesos". Immediately we looked at each other and understood that we wanted to buy it. So we bought it and so that was the beginning of Jay's love interest in photography.
Now that he has other nice digital cameras, I didn't really get why all of the sudden he's interested in film and old cameras again? To me it was a waste of money and time! Since he has spend thousands of dollars buying all his cameras, prime lenses and other gears, it was hard for me to grasp why he wanted to go back to film cameras from time to time. But after playing with his scanner and looking back through our old photos in negative films, I'm getting a sense of understanding why. I will never fully understand or love it as he does, but the little bit of enjoyment looking through our old photos last night is enough for now.
I guess it's true that you will always treasure the "humble beginnings" no matter what!
Below is a picture of us taken over 10 years ago using our "399.99 pesos" camera. Good thing we still have the negative films. He was one handsome fellow and still is. YOU CAUGHT ME AT "HELLO BABE" lol
![]() |
| Life was so simple back then |
As Jay always say PICTURES ARE RECORDINGS OF LIFE LIVED. PICTURES CAN PAINT A THOUSAND WORDS AND CAPTURE MOMENTS THAT OUR MEMORY MAY HAVE FORGOTTEN TO RECORD.


5 comments:
that is cool len....jay have gone a long way and that`s because he`s got someone like you, :D
I see my blog is not in your links and dave`s.....pls. add: Welcome...enjoy your stay, kay dave naman: From dream to destiny..
bingpatts.blogspot.com
jerrydavecutar.blogspot.com
Yeah, ate it's so cool. I didn't know such thing exist! I'll post some of our old pics soon.
Yup, added yours and Dave's on my blog's list.
wow, that's cool. And both of you look beautiful in your old pic. That's true Len, naka relate ako , the other day me and the kids were watching our old videos when they were young in our old house. LIfe is so simple but full of memories back then. I miss those times. Down to memory lanes...
Well, good for Jay, passion niya talaga ang photography and he's good at it.
(((hugs)))
I started my memory wall Len, I've edited some pictures I want to put in there. Maybe next week I will print it out. I had fun doing it.
take pics ate jean pag tapos mo na ang memory wall mo. ako want to start another one pero wait ko lang na lumaki laki si chloe.
there's so much joy looking through old pics and watching old videos. lalo na siguro pag mas matanda na kami...lol
Post a Comment