Thursday, March 03, 2011

SIMPLE PLEASURES

The other day on my way to drop off Ryan to school, I was cited for speeding. Me? Speeding? Even I was surprise when the police pulled me over. I've never really had any driving violations before, let alone, speeding? I was really caught by surprise but I decided not to argue with the officer so the situation will not get worst. But I do plan to contest the said violation and lay my case before the judge. Hopefully things will work out :)

Anyways, because of this incident, I have decided to wake up 30 minutes earlier so we're not always in a rush. This decision paid off this morning. I was stress-free and was very conscious of my speed (not that I'm admitting that I was speeding the other day, because I wasn't - LOL). I kept an eye on my speedometer. Even Ryan was conscious. He said "Mom, make sure you don't go over the speed limit. I don't want to go to jail." LOL

This morning, it was a little chilly but the sun was out. I was feeling very relaxed and when I feel this way, I do lot of observation of my surroundings. Teenage kids were walking, talking and laughing on their way to school. There were parents driving calmly (like me) and there were parents in such a hurry. There were two kindergarteners holding hands, giggling and semi-running while crossing the street to safety. A very tall man was walking and holding her very cute little blond daughter's hand, while the daughter constantly glance at him with so much admiration. There was one mom refusing to drive away until her daughter was safely inside the school, but the daughter yelled very loudly "Mom, you can go now. Come on mom go!) I saw a sign that said "Keep children alive. Drive 25 mph" (this sign made me smile.) And of course, there was that police officer that pulled me over the other day. He was giving some else a ticket. I'm not quite sure what it was for but by the puzzled look of that lady's face, my guess is, it was a speeding ticket.

As I was driving to the park & ride area, I called hubby and told him I love him, then I turned on the radio a little bit louder than normal. My favorite songs were playing. Oh boy, I was rocking and jamming while driving. Good thing the police officer was busy giving someone a ticket or else he might have given me a ticket for being too jolly? LOL.

When I arrived in the office, I told myself "what a great way to start a day!" There are so many simple pleasures in our daily life that we take for granted. We just need to take time to appreciate them.

SOMETIMES WHAT MATTERS MOST OR WHAT MAKES A BIG DIFFERENCE, ARE THOSE SIMPLE PLEASURES…

1 comment:

Jane said...

that's true, If only we could take time to look around and see the beauty of simple things in our lives. It is there for us to enjoy!
Thanks for sharing, but really! speeding? nah...