Thursday, April 14, 2011

BITS & PIECES

I've been awfully busy these days. My workload in the office is quiet crazy. I call it overload to the extreme!!! Back to back Court filings and two jury trials are scheduled for the month of June. Wheewww!!! It's going to be one stressful ride for next months, specially with the trial prep.

Anyways, even though it's been busy the past months, I manage to get some time away from the office. Two weeks ago we went to Marina, CA, which is about 2 1/2 hours away from where we are. It was absolutely beautiful and wonderful. The resort and its location was spectacular and the ocean, sunset, sunrise and other sceneries were stunning! The resort had its own steakhouse (yummm!!!). We were also provided with our own golf cart for our use during our stay. Our room was ocean view, so we watched the sunrise and sunset on our patio, while listening to the ocean waves. There was a little pathway to the beach close to our room, so we often hit the beach. Ryan even went swimming in the cold icy ocean water, then after awhile, he went to the heated pools - lol. Chloe and I dared not…hahaha. We just sat on the sand, took lots of pictures, play tag with the waves and enjoy every moment that we were together. Early in the morning, room service delivered our breakfast and in the mid afternoon, room service delivered goodies, such as chocolates, chips and other snacks. We also explored most of the tourist attractions in the area. It was great, very relaxing and good quality time.

A couple of years back, I was reading a book about children's development. According to research, the first 12 years of a child's life is very vital. Because these years are considered "look, listen and do." During these years, a child is like a sponge, absorbing everything and anything. As a striving mom, this is always on my mind. I want to make sure that I'm contributing something good to my children's future, even in small ways. That is why, I always make time for them. I should be the last person to say this but I'll say it anyway -- MY CHILDREN ARE GROWING UP TOO FAST!!!

New goal:  When time permits, I want to make pretty summer hats for Chloe, just like below :o)

2 comments:

jeremy said...

great len! getting away with just hubby and the kids, spending quality time together with them are truly priceless! Minsan lang sila mga bata, time passes us by at hindi na mauulit na ganyan sila kaliit... That`s so right that you think on these things.

we always had get aways with our children when they were young. kahit saan basta masaya sila. those times when i knew they were mine. i really missed those times. Iba na ngaun. Kahit magkakasama kayo pero malalaki na sila.....you know what i mean, huh?

So enjoy them while you may na ganyan sila kaliliit...cherish the memories......those little hands,those little feet....they are all fondly yours! =)

Jane said...

wow Len, I am jealous! that is exactly what I need today...get away with my family in a nice ocean view hotel. I love that part of watching the sunrise and sunset in the patio! What a relaxing and calming moment.

Glad that you had a great time with your family! Chloe is gotten so big now and getting cuter each day.